Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

This is one of my favorite times of year. I have been celebrating Thanksgiving since last week when my co-teacher and I introduced our pre-k students to the Wompanoag and the Pilgrims. We included in our curriculum Native American folktales from other parts of the country including The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush and The Legend of the Bluebonnet both retold and illustrated by Tomie DePaola and Baby Rattlesnake by Te Ata. This week, we focused the curriculum on being thankful and giving, and of course the turkey fun. When creating curriculum, whether it is for creative movement or a pre-k program, I go through my own reflective and creative process with whatever theme we are working with. So, its been on my mind. Here are some reflections:

A Poem; Because I Say It's A Poem

I am grateful for the opportunity to be a teacher.
I am grateful for my students; they give me energy for teaching and energy to continue my own education.
I am grateful for my education and the people who give me the love and support to pursue it.

and a haiku for the road

I am grateful for,
the harvest and the feasting
thankful for it all

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment