Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Classes of Cubs

Today was my first visit with new preschool and pre-k students! I love the first class with a new group, although it can be a little nerve racking not knowing their names or the temperaments before going into it.  However, the excitement in their eyes and their willingness to play and dance settles all that.

We did the warm-up, we read the polar bear story, we played the polar bear cube game, we did our polar bear jumps, and had a dance party; it's amazing how much can fit into 30 minutes!

One of the polar bear cub movements on the cube is "curl." The photograph is of two polar bear cubs snuggled up in the snow. So, to end the cube game, I had all the kids curl up like the cubs - then I covered them in the "snow and ice" which, of course, was yards and yards of white and blue tulle- I could've just covered the kids in fabric for the whole half hour and they probably would've been just as happy!
actual image from cube!

Anyway that you can work fabric into your class - go for it! Floors do get slippery with fabric though, so be warned, but the fabric has a way of igniting imaginations through a tactile experience that young children love.

I love what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment